Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Should I Get A Furby?

     Yes, I just found out that Furby is a talking, moving, eye expressing, battery operated, finger nomming stuffed toy that doesn't have an on/off switch! I know, I'm so outdated. I've seen pictures of Furbies online and when I was little, I got one from McDonalds. The one from McDonalds was tiny and it couldn't do anything so I thought that's all it did. Plus, we didn't have Internet back then so I couldn't read about it online. I was reading an article about the top 10 coolest toys and Furby was one of them. I read the description and I was eager to find out more. I did my research and I finally knew what a Furby was!
 


 



 Cute isn't it? Some people find it creepy but I don't. So, what is a Furby you may ask? Well, it's basically a robot that can react to your touch and voice. It also doesn't have an on/off button so it starts moving or talking the minute you insert the batteries. It also has personality changes and it can turn evil if you overfeed it! The first Furby was released during the 90s and this is how they look like.






They look more like gremlins to me. After a while, they stop selling Furbies for some reason and it came back in 2012 with a different look to it.





And in 2013,  Furby Boom and Furby Party Rockers was in introduced.




 The first one is the Party Rocker and the second one is the Boom.
Furbies are sold worldwide and I think you can get them at Toys R Us for $64.99. It is very expensive but I think it's worth the money. I might be going to Toys R Us this Saturday. I will check it out and I might even consider buying it. If you would like to find out more about Furby, check out their website at http://www.hasbro.com/furby/en_US/shop/furby-boom.cfm . That is all, bye :)




No comments:

Post a Comment