Monday, December 16, 2013

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup : REVIEW

Hey guys! I went to Sephora yesterday and got myself the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation. 
 
This is actually my first time buying a high-end product. I've been stuck with drugstore foundations and I really wanted to give high-end foundations a try so I did my research and there is a ton of rave about this product. The foundation costs $45 which is quite expensive but lets hope it's worth it. So without further ado, lets get on with the review shall we...

The foundation bottle comes in a violet box and I think it looks elegant. 
 
The foundation is stored in a frosted glass bottle and again, I think it looks very elegant and expensive. It also has a gold twisty cap. There's also a ton of shades to choose from. I think there's like 31 shades and they are divided into cool, neutral and warm.


The one thing I already hate about this foundation is that it doesn't come with a freaking pump! 


Honestly, I wouldn't mind paying extra if it comes with a simple pump. The consistency is quite liquidy so do be careful when you're pouring the foundation onto your hand. 



See! That's what happens when you try to pour the foundation out. It gets messy. I applied the foundation using the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I have really oily skin btw. This foundation doesn't dry very quickly on your skin so that allows you to take your time when blending it in. Here's a before and after photo with only one layer of foundation. 



























 It did cover my acne scars very well and you only need very little foundation. Amazing! It seriously does not feel heavy at all and it has a matte and airbrushed finish to it. So far, it doesn't look cakey but it will if you apply a few layers on. This foundation does cling onto dry spots so make sure you moisturize. I would usually stop after one layer and use a concealer to cover the rest of my blemishes. 

Now, here's something I'm not a fan of..

This foundation has a flash back!!! But it isn't that bad.

Test time! So this foundation claims to last for up to 15 hours. I wore it the entire day yesterday for 17 hours straight without any sort of primer and setting powder and I'll be honest, it seriously stayed on my face all day! My forehead and nose did start to get a tad shiny but it's really nothing extreme. 

Lets talk about the smell. This might not be a concern for some of you but I'm gonna talk about it anyway. It says on the box that it's fragrance-free. I would have to disagree with that. It does have a bit of that foundation smell to it but you can only smell it if you sniff through the hole of the foundation bottle. It kinda smells like the Revlon Colorstay but less strong.  Once you pour it out and start applying it, the smell is basically gone.

Conclusion:

PROS:

1. Great coverage
2. Wide range of shades
3. Lasts all day
4. Controls oil
5. Has a matte finish
6. Doesn't feel heavy
7. Provides an airbrushed look
8. Doesn't dry quickly

CONS:

1. Quite pricey
2. Where them pump!?!? 
3. Cling onto dry spots


Will I repurchase? A big definitely YES! I would totally recommend this foundation for those of you with oily or combination skin. Normal to dry skinned people, sorry but this isn't for you. 

Have a great day :)




No comments:

Post a Comment